Holley/Navarre Volunteer Fire Department (#45)
Note: All information has been supplied by this fire department.
For more information on Holley/Navarre Volunteer Fire Department please visit their web site: http://www.hnfd.org
The Holley-Navarre Fire protection District was established in 1965 as the Holley-Navarre Fire Rescue Association. In 1984 the Fire District became incorporated and the district boundaries were established by the Florida Legislators. The Holley-Navarre Fire Protection District then became an Independent Special District. The Fire District covers approximately 50 square miles. 40 square miles are built up (populated) area, 5 square miles are water area and 5 square miles are undeveloped wild lands.
The District serves a population of approximately 25,000 people and over 1 billion dollars in property. The Fire District currently has 3 stations with one more under construction. A fifth station is scheduled for construction in FY 2003. The District has 1 full-time chief, 2 part-time fire fighters and thirty volunteers. Our call load is approximately 1200 calls per year with 43-48% of those being medical calls.
We have the following apparatus:
- 5 engines
- 2 rescue trucks
- 1 brush truck
- 1 quick response vehicle
- 1 inspector vehicle
- 1 zodiac boat
- 1 hazardous materials trailer