How Do I Suggest a Purchase?
Your purchase suggestion will be considered in accordance with our library collection guidelines and within our budget. We can not guarantee purchase of any particular suggestion or any timeframe.
Since some materials will likely not be purchased; here are some guidelines that may help you decide if you want to continue with a purchase suggestion:
FIRST STEP: Do not request items that are owned by the Santa Rosa County Library System. Please Check the Library Catalog by using http://catalog.santarosa.fl.gov/polaris/search. If located, you request the item through the self service Request Materials feature on our web page.
Please do not enter suggestions for the following:
- Popular and Recently Published Materials are always considered for purchase, so no need to suggest
- Older Materials published over 5 years ago are often out of print or difficult to obtain through our library suppliers
- Mass Market Paperbacks – new titles are always considered for purchase, so no need to suggest; see “Older Materials”
- Books in a Series –although there are gaps in the library collection, most are older publications and can not be obtained; see “Older Materials”
- Audio and Video – New titles are always considered for purchase, so no need to suggest; see “Older Materials”
Suggestions with incomplete information on the request form will be NOT be processed.