Bagdad Architectural Advisory Committee
Minutes of the October 28, 2003 Meeting
The meeting was called to order at 8:30 a.m. with the following members and staff present: Charles Cook, Chairman; Dr. Lewis, Committee Member; Jan Davis, Committee Member; Patsy Ladner, Zoning Inspector; Kacey Wagg, Transportation Planner and staff to the Committee; and Beckie Faulkenberry, Planning Director.
The Committee discussed proposed changes to the Land Development Code related to signage within the Bagdad Historic Village District.
The following changes were agreed upon:
- Change (1) to allow nameplates listing builder and date of construction on a home in HR-1 and HR-2.
- Change (2) to prohibit portable and banner signs and to correct reference. Change also required to 8.08.00(A)1
- Make (3) consistent with other palette language, which I will be developing
- Prohibit Billboards in the district
- Allow interpretive signing that is approved by Historical Society and the AAB
- Sign approvals must go through the AAB
- On premise commercial signs no higher than 8 feet, less than 32sf, leading edge of sign setback 5 feet from property line, construction materials primarily wood with masonry footers & pillars… sign should be congruous with the construction of building
- Wall signage 5% per elevation on each road frontage not to exceed 16sf; mural shall be considered wall signage
- Discussed prohibiting temp signs, but agreed to allow Article 8 language suffice
The next Committee meeting was set for November 4, 2003.
The Committee adjourned at approximately 10:30 a.m.