October 10, 2006
The meeting was called to order at 3:00 p.m. with the following members and staff present:
· Mr. Greg Fountain, Chairman
· Mr. Gaius Bruce, Co-Chairman
· Ms. Julie Seanor, Committee Member
· Ms. Joanne Connor, Committee Member
· Ms. Shirley Brown, Committee Member
· Ms. Beckie Faulkenberry, Director and Staff to the Committee
· Ms. Laurie Schulze, Recorder and Staff to the Committee
The following members were absent:
· Ms. Sarah Hernandez, Committee Advisor
· Mr. Kenneth Walters, Committee Member
· Ms. Sharon A. Bryant, Committee Member
Mr. Greg Fountain paraphrased the minutes from the September 12, 2006 meeting. The minutes were accepted with the following changes:
· In regards to signs, the elements of the logo may be lit, however, the background has to be opaque
The board then moved on to consider individual cases on the agenda.
The first case was the on-premise sign for Southern Surveying, Inc., 2006-NAARB-014. Ms. Rene Bechtel, Armadillo Signs & Graphics, Inc., presented this project. The board discussed the colors. The red chosen, 6868 Energetic Bright Red, was not approved. Ms. Bechtel chose 6607, Red Tomato to replace it. Mr. Gaius Bruce moved to approve the project with the change. Ms. Julie Seanor seconded the motion. The project was approved, with the change.
The second case was the temporary portable building for Jon R. Bicker, 2006-NAARB-015. Mr. Bicker presented this project. The portable building is to be located in the Old Cowboy’s parking lot, and to be used as a kite shop. This will be temporary, awaiting Mr. Pullum’s construction of a new shopping mall, at which time Mr. Bicker will relocate there. The board discussed the meaning of “temporary”; there should be a time limit, so temporary doesn’t turn into forever. As submitted, the building didn’t meet the architectural designs approved, and Mr. Gaius Bruce moved to table this item until the next meeting, at which time Mr. Bicker will return with new plans that conform to the approved architectural designs. Ms. Joanne Connor seconded the motion. The project was tabled.
The meeting adjourned at 3:45 p.m.
Minutes approved by the Board on November 14, 2006