Architectural Advisory Committee
Minutes of the January 31, 2007 Meeting
The meeting was called to order at 8:35 a.m. with the following members and staff present:
- Dr. Charles D’Asaro, Chairman
- Mr. Michael Johnson, Committee Member
- Mr. David Bailly, Committee Member
- Ms. Jan Davis, Committee Member
- Darliene Stanhope, Planner III, Staff to the Committee
- Laurie Schulze, Recorder and Staff to the Committee
The minutes of the December 13, 2006, meeting were approved.
The first item on the agenda was Crawford-McBride Development LLC, 2007-BHAAB-001, requesting construction of a new single family residence on 6914 Overman Street. Mr. Crawford
handed out pictures of the finished house to the board members. Upon approval from the board, Crawford-McBride Development LLC is hoping for an April delivery to the area. Additionally, three others are projected to be in the area before June, again after approval from the board. The board discussed the various aspects of the proposed house. Mr. Michael Johnson made a motion for approval with the following changes:
- The double windows in the front will be replaced with single windows
- The windows on the side by the living room will be replaced with either a single window or 2 separate windows
- Brick veneer will be used on the masonry block foundation to create a pier effect.
- Brick veneer will be used on both sides of the steps
- The driveway will be extended past the side door
Ms. Jan Davis seconded the motion. It was passed and approved.
The board then discussed membership of the board. They also discussed set guidelines set by the board for future projects.
The meeting was adjourned at approximately 8:30 a.m.