March 13, 2007
The meeting was called to order at 3:05 p.m. with the following members and staff present:
· Mr. Greg Fountain, Chairman
· Mr. Gaius Bruce, Co-Chairman
· Ms. Julie Seanor, Committee Member
· Ms. Joanne Connor, Committee Member
· Ms. Shirley Brown, Committee Member
· Mr. Bill DuBois, Assistant Director and Staff to the Committee
· Ms. Laurie Schulze, Recorder and Staff to the Committee
The following members were absent:
· Ms. Sharon Bryant, Committee Member
· Mr. Kenneth Walters, Committee Member
· Ms. Sarah Hernandez, Committee Advisor
Mr. Greg Fountain paraphrased the minutes from the February 13, 2007 meeting.
The board then moved on to consider individual cases on the agenda.
The first case was the multi-family for Debbie and Stan Simmons (2007-NAARB-002). Ms. Debbie Simmons and Mr. Stan Simmons presented this project. The board discussed the location of the house, the driveway access, and the landscaping. Ms. Joanne Connor moved to approve this project with the following changes:
· Add an additional window on the Laredo Street side of the house
· Add architectural features flanking the windows
· Add a landscaping buffer on the Laredo side of the house, corner to corner
Ms. Julie Seanor seconded. The vote was unanimous, and the project was approved with the changes.
The second case was the Starbucks Restaurant (2007-NAARB-003). There was no representative to present this case. Ms. Joanne Connor moved to table this project. Ms. Shirley Brown seconded. The vote was unanimous and the project was tabled for the next meeting to take place on April 10, 2007.
The third item was added to the agenda at the meeting. Beachside Nursery, represented by Mr. Jason Lewis of Best Landscaping, This project is located at 8476 Navarre Parkway, Navarre. Ms. Joanne Connor moved to approve this project. Ms. Julie Seanor seconded. The vote was unanimous and the project was approved as presented.
The meeting adjourned at 4:17 p.m.
Minutes approved by the Board on April 10, 2007