Architectural Advisory Committee
Minutes of the June 27, 2007 Meeting
The meeting was called to order at 8:30 a.m. with the following members and staff present:
- Dr. Charles D’Asaro, Chairman
- Mr. Michael Johnson, Committee Member
- Mr. David Bailly, Committee Member
- Ms. Jan Davis, Committee Member
- Darliene Stanhope, Planner III, Staff to the Committee
- Laurie Schulze, Recorder, Staff to the Committee
The minutes of the April 25, 2007, meeting were approved.
The first item on the agenda was Charles D’Asaro, 2007-BHAAB-006, requesting replacement of shutters on 7 windows on the residence on 4620 Forsyth Street. Ms. Jan Davis made the motion for approval as presented. Mr. David Bailly seconded the motion and it was passed as presented.
The board discussed the Bagdad Historic study awarded to The Walker Collaborative. There was discussion regarding the important things the Board would like to see addressed:
- Preserving abandoned and neglected historic houses; what do you do with them? How do you make the owners take pride in their homes and fix them up
- Provide a clear statement of the styles of the historic homes in the Bagdad area
- Once zoning is in place, how do you have a check and balances; the Board makes an approval with conditions; who enforces those conditions?
- Above ground pools and accessory buildings
- Trees – more hurricane resistant trees need to be planted; try to control the invasives by not allowing them to be planted
- Money – will there be a lot of cost increase to the county once the checks and balances are in place, as far as code enforcement
- After-site inspections to make sure (for Bagdad) things are done as required by the Board
The meeting was adjourned at approximately 9:15 a.m.