Development Services


Our office has re-opened for services by appointment only.

Please use our online calendar to make an appointment.

Permits and inspections will be delayed temporarily. Inspections are prioritized and may be carried over. Residents are asked to utilize Santa Rosa County Development Services using the following alternatives: 

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your continued patience.

Development services was created based on a need for refinement and customer focus by looking through the eyes of the customer to improve service, safety, quality of life and cost efficiency. Listening to concerns of local residents, contractors, design professionals, business owners and property owners constructing their own homes, Development services staff worked to transform the development process into one seamless operation. By combining employees from building inspections, planning and zoning, engineering departments involved with the development review, permitting, and inspection processes, resulted in more of a collaborative and comprehensive approach to customer service. 

Contractors can visit our Contractor Console to access permit and inspection history, request inspections, and view inspection results.