Local Mitigation Plan
To be considered eligible for federal disaster assistance funding, a local government must have adopted a Local Mitigation Strategy (LMS) Plan that has been approved by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) in accordance with the federal Disaster Mitigation Act of 2000.
The plan’s purpose is to identify hazards and vulnerabilities, assess risk, and reduce or eliminate future losses resulting from those hazards. In Santa Rosa County, the LMS plan is multi-jurisdictional encompassing Santa Rosa County, the Cities of Milton and Gulf Breeze, and the Town of Jay.
Updating the Plan
It is updated every five years by the LMS Task Force which includes representatives of the local governments, agencies, community groups and private citizens.
Sections of the LMS Plan
The current plan is effective through June 2021 and includes the following sections:
- Executive Summary
- Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment
- Hazards Analysis
- Mitigation Strategy
- Planning Process
- Plan Maintenance
For further information, please contact the LMS Planning Staff via email or at 850-981-2017.
LMS Plan 2016 - 2020
- Table of Contents (PDF)
- Section 1 - Executive Summary (PDF)
- Section 2 - Planning Process (PDF)
- Section 3 - Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment (PDF)
- Section 4 - Mitigation Strategy (PDF)
- Section 5 - Plan Maintenace (PDF)
- Section 6 Appendix A - Transmittal Resolution (PDF)
- Section 6 Appendix B - Local Mitigation Strategy Task Force By-Laws (PDF)
- Section 6 Appendix C - Steering and Working Committee Meeting Agendas (PDF)
- Section 6 Appendix D - Steering and Working Committee Minutes (PDF)
- Section 6 Appendix E - Steering and Working Committee Notices (PDF)
- Section 6 Appendix F1 - Flood Mitigation Plan (FMP) (PDF)
- Section 6 Appendix F2 - Flood Mitigation Plan Appendices (PDF)
- Section 6 Appendix F3 - Flood Mitigation Plan Exhibits (PDF)
Please note: Due to the large file size associated with the plan including appendices, we have provided individual sections for your convenience.