There is a minimum charge of $7.50 for any transaction. Mixed loads are charged the higher disposal price. For special waste, call 850-981-7135. We accept cash, checks, and credit cards (no American Express) for payment. Checks are accepted for amount due only.
Household Hazardous Waste Center
The Santa Rosa County Environmental Department offers citizens an environmentally safe way to dispose of hazardous household waste. The center is located at the entrance of the Central Landfill at 6337 Da Lisa Road in Milton. Residents of Santa Rosa County can bring in items such as:
- Car batteries
- Fluorescent bulbs
- Household cleaners
- Motor oils
- Pool chemicals
- Propane tanks
- Much more to be properly disposed or recycled
The household hazardous waste center service is provided Monday through Saturday and is free of charge.
Waste from conditionally exempt small quantity generators (ex. schools and small businesses) may be accepted, with prior approval only. Rules and restrictions apply. Please call 850-981-7135 or 850-983-4651 for more information.
Class I Household Garbage
Class I household garbage includes:
- Cat litter
- Empty household chemicals
- Empty oil containers
- Food containers
- Residential garbage
- Waste materials generated from the consumption of household products
Construction and demolition debris such as: shingles, wood furniture, etc. For asbestos, you need a special waste permit. Call the Environmental Department, 850-981-7135, or email the Landfill Division for more information.
Recovered materials that are disposal items that are segregated in special areas for recycling. These materials include metal, masonry and yard waste.
- Metal debris is charged class I rates and includes: refrigerators, freezers, stoves, washers, dryers, and other metal materials.
- Masonry is accepted at no charge and includes concrete (without trash or rebar), brick, and asphalt. Masonry mixed with trash and debris is charged class III rates.
- Yard waste includes all vegetative debris such as: leaves, branches or land clearing debris.
Definition: any waste that requires special documentation, analysis, management, or that poses an additional risk to the county as compared to the normal waste stream. This waste is normally the result of commercial or industrial activity. This waste consists of materials such as asbestos, gas or diesel spill cleanup, commercial or industrial retention basin settlements, residue from chemical or industrial processes, but not including hazardous waste. The determination of whether a waste is classified as special waste will be made by the Santa Rosa County landfill director.
Used or Waste Oil (free)
There is a five-gallon limit for dumping oil per individual.
You can bring up to 10 tires:
- $5 each (cars, truck and smaller)
- $15 each (large truck and racing tires)