Recycling for Traditional Recyclable Materials (plastic, paper, cardboard, aluminum)
A recycling drop off site is available for residents that do not have curbside recycling. Recycling can be dropped off for a minimum $7.50 fee at The Central Landfill during normal business hours.
Curbside recycling is available for residents in service areas for Waste Pro and ECUA, for no additional quarterly fee. The market for recyclables changes frequently. For a full list of what can be accepted for recycling, visit ecua.fl.gov/green/recycling.
Santa Rosa County utilizes a single-stream recycling provider, so acceptable recyclable items do not need to be separated including:
- Glass; any color
- Newspaper & Inserts
- Boxboard (cereal, cake & cracker boxes, etc.)
- Plastic bottles
- Plastics No. 1 & 2
- Plastic Milk Jugs; 2-Liters;
- Aluminum Cans & Lids
- Tin and Steel Cans & Lids
- Metal Pots, Pans & Cookie Sheets
- Pet food cans (no plastic liner)
Do not recycle:
- Aerosol Cans
- Aluminum Foil Baking Pans
- Balls of Tin Foil; Foil Pie Tins
- Bedding or linens
- Carpeting or Rugs
- Construction Materials
- Empty Plastic Bags
- Food Waste
- Garbage or Yard Waste
- Garden Hoses
- Christmas Lights
- Ice Cream Cartons
- Juice Boxes / Bags
- Polystyrene products (Styrofoam®)
- Pet Food Cans (with plastic liner) and Pet Food Bags
- Plastic Bags - check with your local grocery stores to see if they collect plastic bags for recycling.
- Residential Medical Supplies/Waste
- Waxy / Paper Milk Cartons
- Window Blinds
- Oil, gas, paint, antifreeze, fertilizers, propane tanks, pesticides and other household hazardous wastes are not recyclable but can be disposed of at no charge at the Household Hazardous Waste Center located at the entrance of the Central Landfill.
Thank you, for disposing of the proper items in the recycle bins. Please do not dispose of carpet, furniture, toilets, sinks, vinyl flooring, or wicker furniture in the recycle bins. Not only can people be fined for illegal dumping, it can cause the site to be closed or relocated, which can be a great inconvenience to those that are using the site as intended.