Donating to the Library
- Donations are accepted at all Santa Rosa County libraries only during normal business hours.
- Donated items are evaluated for acceptance under standard library system collection development guidelines.
- Not all materials donated to the library system will be added to the library's collection. Donations that are not placed in the library collection will either be given to the Friends of the Library groups or used for the library system's outreach program.
- Library materials may not always be placed inside the library to which the materials were donated.
- Materials donated to and accepted by the library system become the exclusive property of the library system.
Acceptable donations include the following items in good condition:
- Audiobooks on CD
- Classic literature
- Fiction books
- Mass market paperback books
- Non-fiction books published within the last two years
- Computer software and games
- Encyclopedia sets
- Homemade copies of any type of media
- Items in poor condition that are:
- Water damaged
- MP3 CDs
- Outdated non-fiction
- Readers Digest Condensed books and other abridged books
A brochure that includes criteria for suitable donations is available at each library or online.