Closures and Resources
Santa Rosa County | Constitutional Officers | School District | Municipalities | Other Agencies
Santa Rosa County
Santa Rosa County offices, which have conducted business online, via email, phone, mail or drop box to the fullest extent possible during the peak of the COVID-19 pandemic, are reopening Mon., June 1. Citizens are encouraged to continue to use these alternative options for business with the county as much as possible and are asked not to enter county offices if exhibiting symptoms of the virus. Facilities are disinfected daily and splash guards have been installed to minimize the risk of exposure for citizens and staff. The county will continue to follow the governor’s executive orders and the CDC guidelines of social distancing until further notice, however everyone has a role in the ensuring the county is as safe as possible to remain open.
“This has been a challenging time for the county and I’m proud of the work our staff has been doing despite the limitations brought on by the pandemic,” said Santa Rosa County Commission Chairman Don Salter, District 3. “We will continue to work in conjunction with the officials at the Florida Department of Health and do all we can to ensure the safety of our residents and staff until the risk has passed.”
Most county offices are open for normal business and operations with the following exceptions:
- Animal services is open for appointment only visits. Make an appointment online or call (850) 983-4680. More information about lost and adoptable pets along with the many programs offered through the shelter can be found at www.santarosa.fl.gov/animals.
- Code enforcement is open to meet with citizens by appointment Monday-Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (850) 981-7090 or (850) 981-7034.
- Engineering and environmental departments are open by appointment only, Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Plans or submittals may be dropped off outside in the receptacle.
- Facilities management is open Mon. - Fri., 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. with only two customers allowed int he office at one time to maintain social distancing guidelines. Citizens may call (850) 983-1940 for an appointment. Citizens are ask to call the office before entering.
- Public works is open to the public with normal business hours of Mon. - Thur., 6:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Fri., 6:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Citizens are encouraged to practice social distancing and wear a mask when entering the building. Work orders can be easily submitted online.
- Veterans services is open by appointment only 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Mon. - Fri. at the Milton office and South Service Center. Call (850) 981-7155 for the Milton office and (850) 981-7110 for the South Service Center.
Facilities management is working diligently to provide residents with access to county facilities in a safe and responsible manner. The ACITVE Net online reservation system is not active, contact facilities management at (850) 983-1940 for any reservations.
- Indoor facilities (community centers and county auditorium)
- Capacity has been reduced to accommodate social distancing. Each indoor facility has been mapped to reflect chair placement every six feet. See example here.
- Only one event per day can be scheduled to allow for the cleaning of the facility after the event or before the next day’s event
- Staff is working with renters to reschedule events if a facility has multiple reservations for the same day. Refunds are also being offered.
- Outdoor facilities (pavilions)
- Reservations for outdoor facilities will not be taken until further notice due to the inability to establish social distancing "seating." Additionally, there is no way to disinfect/clean the outdoor facilities.
- Outdoor facilities will remain open for public use as first come, first served.
- Refunds are being processed for existing reservations.
- Park restrooms and Navarre Park splash pad
- All restrooms in county parks and the splash pad will reopen Fr., June 5 and normal cleaning routines/maintenance procedures will resume.
- Water fountains in county-owned facilities
- All water fountains will be shut off for the safety of citizens and employees.
- Agents are now accepting appointments for in-person consultations at the UF/IFAS Santa Rosa County Extension Office. To schedule an appointment, call (850) 623-3868 or email email@example.com. All online programs, meetings, events and Facebook events are being held.
- Staff and faculty are available by phone, email and online contact.
- All volunteers associated with the extension garden and greenhouse have limited times of volunteering at these sites. Contact the horticulture agent in charge of the master gardener program by phone or email for additional details and scheduling.
- Services such as, soil samples, plant samples or identification are still available through communicating by phone or computer.
- Soil samples forms available for pick up at the front door along with the online services informational card.
- The Santa Rosa County Library System has re-opened with temporary hours of 10 a.m. - 4 p.m., Monday through Friday at all locations.
- Libraries will be open to the public for browsing and computer use.
- Advanced computer reservations are still required; call 981-READ (7323) and select the option for your local library to make a reservation.
- All library meeting rooms remain closed until further notice.
- A limited number of patrons will be allowed inside library buildings at a time.
- Masks are encouraged.
- Curbside pickup is still available; patrons are encouraged to use this service.
- Call 981-READ (7323) for questions.
- Summer Reading:
- All programs will be online and begin Mon., Jun. 1. Registration begins Tues., May 26. Visit the summer reading page or call 981-READ (7323).
- Other library services
- Patrons who do not have internet access at home may sit in the parking lot to access the WiFi.
- The library website includes a wide variety of free eSources cardholders can access from home, including eBooks, eAudiobooks, educational resources, and more.
- If your account is blocked, preventing you from accessing these online resources, contact your library for assistance.
- Donations of books and other materials will not be accepted until further notice. Do not leave them outside the libraries.
- All bill payments must be made over the phone with a credit or debit card until further notice.
- ILL services have been suspended until further notice. Patrons with an active request will be notified if their items arrive at the library.
- The office is closed to walk-in traffic however phones, 850-981-8900, are answered during normal work hours.
- A live chat function is available at Getrelaxing.com.
- Grab & Go Visitor Bags will be stocked and placed outside the front door on a daily basis which will include an updated status list of restaurants serving take-out and gift shops that are open as well as the hours of Walmart Navarre, Publix, Winn Dixie and Neighborhood Walmart, CVS and Walgreens.
- The office will continue to provide updates to the Tourism Development Council.
- Clerk of courts offices in the courthouse are open to the public. Persons attempting to enter the courthouse should expect to undergo a non-invasive temperature check beginning Mon., June 1. Screening questions regarding potential symptoms or prior exposure to COVID-19 will be asked upon entry. Refusal of the temperature screening or to answer screening questions will result in denial of access to the building. Signage will be posted regarding the maintenance of proper social distancing, and those entering the courthouse will be required to wear a mask at all times while entering and while within the building. Plastic bins have been removed from the security checkpoint, and each person will be given a clear bag to place personal belongings in for screening. At this time, courthouse access remains limited to those persons who are required for court proceedings, or those individuals with other official business within the courthouse facilities.
- Clerk of courts services for marriage licenses, passports, recording are available in Milton and the south service center by appointment.
- Individuals wanting to pay their fines and fees can call the Clerks office at (850) 981-5554, use the website or mail in payments.
- The Property Appraiser has added a live chat function to their website allowing taxpayers the opportunity to chat with a staff member regarding properties within the county or with website assistance.
- The property appraiser’s office is now closed to the public. All homestead applications and tangible personal property returns can be filed online at www.srcpa.org. Users will need the supplied credentials which were mailed to them in January.
- Instructional videos are available on the web site to assist users with completing tangible personal property returns.
- All eligible property and business owners are encouraged to file returns and/or homestead applications as soon as possible.
- The sheriff’s offices are open, wear a mask.
- Fingerprinting services are by appointment only.
- All volunteers are still restricted from entering the jail.
- Citizens can now submit an online report at eReports Online Reporting for:
- COVID issues
- Petit Theft
- Scams and Frauds
- Harassing Phone Calls
- Lost Property
- Lost/Stolen Tags
- Gas Drive Off
- Credit Card Fraud
- Santa Rosa County SOE will open to the public beginning Mon., June 1 at 8 a.m.
- Register to vote by mail in upcoming elections. Visit www.votesantarosa.com or call 850-983-1900.
- Voter registration applications can be completed online, mailed or placed in the drop box at the Tax Collector’s Office in Milton. Inquiries about pre-filing for office, third party voter registration applications and candidate petition drop off’s may be done by appointment only.
- Now taking appointments for the Milton, Pace and Midway offices. All three locations are currently open by appointment only. There are a few guidelines that will be in place and customers will be expected to follow.
- If you had a previous appointment to Milton and would like to have it changed to Pace or Midway, contact the office at (850) 983-1800.
- Appointments are for Santa Rosa County residents only until further notice.
- Appointments will only be taken by phone at (850) 983-1800.
- Customers are encouraged to wear a face mask if possible.
- Please do not bring extra people/family members that are not pertinent to the transaction. They may be asked to wait outside if brought with you.
- Any transaction that can be done online/over the phone will not be done in the office. Customers will be directed to call and/or visit www.santarosatax.com to complete those transactions outside of the office. Any special circumstances or questions will be handled by calling (850) 983-1800 (i.e. tag renewals).
- Jay office is closed until further notice.
- For more frequent updates, see: https://www.santarosa.k12.fl.us.
- Materials have been distributed to students and students have been contacted on how to access distance learning resources. If your child has not been contacted, contact your school.
- Feeding sites are set up throughout the county for any child up to 18 (21 if special needs), regardless of free/reduced lunch status. Find more information here: https://www.santarosa.fl.gov/796/Feeding-Programs.
- Students must be present to receive a meal.
- Parents/guardians can’t request additional meals for children at home.
- Twelve-month employees should remain in contact with the school or department during spring break to receive updates.
- Find the most current update here: https://cityofgulfbreeze.us/covid-19-updates/
- Subscribe to the city’s e-news at: https://tinyurl.com/rokhtpg.
- All items identified here will be re-evaluated upon moving into Step 2 of the Plan for Florida’s Recovery.
- The City of Milton Fire Department will assist all local businesses with meeting the occupancy limit as set by the governor.
- All city buildings as well as Milton City Hall lobby are closed to the public during phase 1. We will begin to reopen in phase 2.
- Milton Police Department lobby will remain open.
- All essential city functions will continue: public works, water/sewer/gas, sanitation, police, fire, finance, public information and administration.
- Online payment fees have been removed at www.miltonfl.org. The drive-thru window is open and walk-ups are welcome.
- City parks will remain open as long as people practice social distancing. Playground equipment, tables, etc. are not sanitized. All restrooms are closed.
- The city is encouraging electronic transactions, limiting social interactions, disinfecting public surfaces regularly and ensuring accuracy of all disseminated information.
- Milton Community Center and Milton Event Center are closed until further notice.
- The City of Milton is still accepting applications for its micro-grant. Please visit the website for details.
- Bray-Hendricks Park is open; the town is discouraging groups greater than ten people. The playground is closed.
- The Community Center is not available for public gatherings.
- Jay Town Hall is receiving calls at 675-4556, but the lobby is closed to customers. Payments can be sent via mail, night drop, or online at www.townofjayfl.com.
- CareerSource Escarosa offices will open to the public beginning Mon., June 1. Please bring a face covering or mask. All visitors will be screened before entering the center.
- Residents are encouraged to use internet-based services such as www.employflorida.com, www.floridajobs.org, and to call the office for telephone assistance and work with one of the advisors. Those needing to initiate or manage a reemployment claim for benefits will find the link to the CONNECT system here.
- The FedEx office located at 1520 Airport Blvd in Pensacola is offering free copies of the Florida reemployment assistance applications and will mail them for free as well. Visit the office, pick up a blank application, complete it and FedEx will make a copy of it for you and mail it, for free. One per person.
- Information for job seekers here.
- Information for employers here.
- COA is using the sites of Bagdad and Chumuckla, however the participants must reserve meals to pick up and take home.
- All seniors who received meals from the Milton Community Center can receive plated to-go meals at 6860 Pooley St., Bagdad.
- Call (850) 432-1475 by noon the previous day to receive a meal.
- Find the most updated information for meetings at https://www.ecrc.org/programs/transportation_planning/agendas_and_reports.php.
- For more information, contact PublicInvolvement@ecrc.org or 850-332-7976.
- Opening Doors has created a COVID 19 resources page with information on shelters, food, services, transportation and financial assistance for individuals in need in both Santa Rosa and Escambia counties.