COVID-19 Testing Information
Drive-through COVID-19 Testing
- Last week the SRC BOCC approved the CARES Act framework which includes contracting with Sacred Heart Hospital to establish two testing sites to test up to 300 people per day, five days a week.
- IMPORTANT: All individuals wanting to be tested MUST CALL the Ascension Medical Group Sacred Heart Screening Call Center at (850) 746-2684 in advance. The appointment-based testing is the most efficient use of time, helps avoid waiting for hours in line and provides for quicker (as soon as 48 hours) turnaround.
- Ascension Medical Group Sacred Heart was the first organization in the area to begin widespread testing for the coronavirus. Since March 16, Ascension Sacred Heart's drive-thru testing center has provided nasal swab tests to more than 20,000 people in the area.
- No out of pocket cost or copay will be collected but bring photo ID and any insurance cards as insurance will be submitted.
- Remain in your vehicle for the duration of the process.
- Testing will nasal swabs.
- This is not a test for antibodies.
- For further questions, contact the Department of Health (850-564-2307).
|Open until further notice||9 a.m. - 5 p.m.||University of West Florida||parking lot SP2 (near the East Sports Complex)||UWF testing site is open seven days a week from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. (weather permitting). Self-swabbing is available by appointment. Ages 5-17 require an appointment. Appointments can be made by the following methods: doineedacovid19test.com or by calling, 1-800-635-8611. FL ID required for adults.|
|Every Mon., Wed. and Fri. until further notice||9 a.m. - 1 p.m.||Milton Community Center||5629 Byrom St. in Milton||You MUST CALL to register: (850) 746-2684|
|Every Tues. and Thurs. until further notice||9 a.m. - 1 p.m.||Community Life United Methodist Church |
(Until Aug. 20 due to early voting)
|4115 Soundside Dr. in Gulf Breeze||You MUST CALL to register: (850) 746-2684|
What to expect at community-based testing sites
- You must arrive in a personal vehicle.
- Air conditioning must work.
- All people must be seated next to operating window.
- Each vehicle will be greeted and directed by personnel in full medical protective gear.
- All passengers must stay inside vehicles from arrival to departure.
- Limit the people in your vehicle to those needing testing (maximum of five).
- Your temperature will be checked using a no-touch thermometer.
Each person who meets site testing criteria will be asked for the following:
- Photo ID with current address (place on the dashboard)
- Health insurance card (everyone will be tested regardless of insurance coverage) - there is no out-of-pocket cost
- Healthcare facility employee or first responder ID/badge (if applicable)
Things to consider:
- There are no bathrooms.
- There is no food bank distribution at this location.
- There may be significant wait times.
- A healthcare provider in personal protective equipment will provide you with instructions.
- You will be given a tissue to blow your nose and will need to keep your tissue to dispose on your own.
- A soft swab will be inserted deep into your nose to get the necessary sample. This may be slightly uncomfortable; however, the test is quick and should take less than a minute.
- Once the test is complete, you will move to the final station.
- You will be given information to take with you on what to do while awaiting test results.
- Keep the instruction sheet until you get your test results.
- Depart/exit community-based testing site.
- Follow the instructions on the paper provided by the community-based testing site. Continue to monitor and record symptoms.