Social Media Policy
Santa Rosa County Social Media Policy
Keep your comments clean and appropriate. Followers who consistently disregard this policy are subject to being banned from Santa Rosa County’s social media sites indefinitely.
Santa Rosa County reserves the right, but is not obligated, to remove content from Santa Rosa County social media sites for any reason, including submissions which:
• are obscene, vulgar, or explicit including masked words (***), acronyms and abbreviations or are abusive, threatening, hateful or intended to defame any person, business, organization or governmental agency
• are intended to intimidate others page followers
• promote, foster or perpetuate discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, sex, religion, gender, national origin, social caste, sexual orientation, disability or disease
• threaten to humiliate or assault others including other page followers or page administrators
• are clearly off topic, disruptive, random or unintelligible
• are fraudulent or deceptive and intended to mislead page followers
• are intended to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems
• contain spam, advertising, solicitations or include links to other sites
• promote products, non-county services, political organizations or campaigns
• infringe on copyrights or trademarks
• advocate illegal activity
• violate a legal ownership interest, such as a copyright, of any party
• contain any external links
• violate any policies of Santa Rosa County
Santa Rosa County’s social media sites are not monitored on an ongoing basis.
To submit a work request, visit https://www.santarosa.fl.gov/FormCenter/Public-Works-7/Citizen-Work-Order-Request-48.
The comments expressed on Santa Rosa County’s social media sites do not necessarily reflect the opinions and official position of Santa Rosa County.
All posts and comments made on Santa Rosa County’s social media sites are subject to the Florida Public Records Act, Ch. 119 F.S. or other public records laws as may be applicable.
Revised January 2020.