CRF - Rental/Mortgage Assistance
Coronavirus Relief Funds (CRF) are available to provide financial assistance to eligible Santa Rosa County homeowners/renters who are currently unemployed or underemployed as a result of COVID-19 and have fallen past due with mortgage, rent, and/or utility payments and/or are in jeopardy of future payment delinquency due to lost or diminished income. Please review the program summary for qualification details.
CRF - Rental / Mortgage / Utility Assistance
CRF funds provide financial assistance to eligible Santa Rosa County homeowners/renters who are currently unemployed or underemployed as a result of COVID-19 and have fallen past due with mortgage, rent, and/or utility payments and/or are in jeopardy of future payment delinquency due to lost or diminished income.
CRF funds are provided from the CARES ACT signed by the president on March 27, 2020. The use of these funds starts on March 1, 2020 through December 31, 2020. Payments will be made directly to the service provider (landlord, lending institution, utility provider). Utilities include water, garbage, sewer, electric and natural gas.
The total household income of an individual or family cannot exceed 120% of the Area Median Income (AMI) for the Santa Rosa County geographical area as adjusted for household size.
- Applicant must have been current on mortgage or rent prior to March 1, 2020.
- Household income must have been negatively impacted (decreased) due to COVID-19.
- Applicants primary address must be within Santa Rosa County and be occupied by the applicant household.
Assistance will be provided in the form of a grant to be paid directly to the service provider. The amount of assistance provided will be determined by each household’s current need in order to maintain their housing unit through the end of the funding period.
Eligible Property Types:
All property types are eligible, including manufactured homes. Mortgage assistance will only be provided for owner-occupied residences.
How to Apply:
- Download the CRF Disaster Program Intake Application.
- Complete the application and attach all requested documentation.
- Scan and email to WebEmail-Housing@santarosa.fl.gov with "COVID Related Housing Assistance" in the subject line, or send through postal mail to Housing Department, 6150 Old Bagdad Hwy., Ste. 201, Milton, FL 32583.
For questions, call 850-981-7076.