Veterans Day events in Santa Rosa County
Update is highlighted below.
The following Veterans Day events will take place in Santa Rosa County on Sat., Nov. 11:
Veterans Memorial Plaza, Milton
9:30 a.m. - The parade begins at Milton High School, 5445 Stewart Street in Milton, and ends at the Veterans Memorial Plaza, 5191 Willing Street in Milton.
11 a.m. - Veterans Day Ceremony at the Veterans Memorial Plaza in Milton
- Intro: Daniel Powers, Santa Rosa Co. Veterans Memorial Foundation
- Present Colors: Milton High School NJROTC
- Invocation: Chaplain Lt. LaToya Smith, NAS Whiting Field
- National Anthem: Milton High School Choir
- Post Colors: Milton High School NJROTC
- Song of Choice: Milton High School Choir
- Intro for Proclamation: Daniel Powers, Santa Rosa Co. Veterans Memorial Foundation
- Proclamation: City of Milton Mayor Heather Lindsey and Santa Rosa County Commissioner Kerry Smith
- Intro of Speaker: Daniel Powers, Santa Rosa Co. Veterans Memorial Foundation
- Keynote Speaker: CDR Jeremy Doughty, NAS Whiting Field
- Intro of Veterans Organizations: Daniel Powers, Santa Rosa Co. Veterans Memorial Foundation
- Wreath Presentation: Veteran's Organizations
- Taps: Milton High School Band
- Benediction: Pastor Brian Dieda, Pleasant Home Baptist
Any Veterans organization wishing to participate in the wreath-laying ceremony or organization wishing to participate in the parade is welcome. The parade lineup is at 8:30 a.m. For more information, contact Veterans Memorial at 850-860-2427 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Immediately following the ceremony - 4H Cookout (donations accepted)
Santa Rosa County 4-H along with Walmart would like to invite all Veterans and their families to enjoy a Veteran’s Day Cookout this Friday at the Veteran’s Memorial Plaza. Hotdogs and Hamburgers will be served at 12 p.m. The cookout is free to veterans and their families. Not a veteran? Come enjoy the cookout and support veterans with a small donation.
In the event of inclement weather, the parade and ceremony will be canceled.
Navarre Park, Navarre
11 a.m. - Ceremony at Navarre Park, 8513 Navarre Parkway in Navarre - presented by local veteran organizations including American Legion Post 382 - Navarre and Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 11367. Santa Rosa County District 4 Commissioner Ray Eddington will present the Veterans Day proclamation.
VFW Post 4407, Gulf Breeze/Midway
11 a.m. - Ceremony at VFW Post 4407, 1783 Abercrombie Road in Gulf Breeze - presented by local veteran's organization Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 4407. The HFLD Honor Gaurd will post the colors and Jeff Henson, USAF Retired will be the guest presenter. A lunch will follow the ceremony.
Veterans Day office closures reminder
The following Santa Rosa County offices will be closed Fri., Nov. 10 for Veterans Day:
- Santa Rosa County Board of Commissioners including the animal shelter, library system and veterans services.
- The library system and animal shelter will also be closed Sat., Nov. 11.
- The central landfill will be open.
- Santa Rosa County 9-1-1 dispatch, Lifeguard Ambulance Service and fire departments are open daily.
- Santa Rosa County Clerk of the Court
- Santa Rosa County Property Appraiser
- Santa Rosa County Supervisor of Elections
- Santa Rosa County Tax Collector
Serving our community, committed to excellence.