Santa Rosa County Extension will hold the annual Santa Rosa row crop production meeting on Thu., Jan. 27. Registration opens at 7:30 a.m. at the Linda Carden (Jay) Community Center, 5259 Booker Lane in Jay.
A meal will be provided to attendees who RSVP. To RSVP contact: Bethany Caraway at (850) 857-2313 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Speakers and topics include:
- Dr. Bob Kemerait, University of Georgia Plant Pathologist, Identification and control of cotton and peanut diseases
- Dr. Phillip Roberts, University of Georgia Entomologist, Identification and control of cotton pests
- Dr. Barry Tillman, University of Florida Plant Breeder, Peanut varieties best suited to growing in the Florida panhandle - Disease and pest resistance.
- Dr. Silvana Moraes, University of Florida Entomologist, The snails that invade - identification and controlling, and the new University of Florida Cotton App - How to find your pest and what best management practices for control
- Dr. Steve Brown, Auburn Agronomist, Cotton production for 2022; how to manage with reduced costs
- Dr. Wendiam Sawadgo, Auburn Ag Economist, 2022 economic outlook
- Trent Mathews, USDA NRCS, Cost share for on-farm best management practices
- Stephen Greer, University of Florida Extension Santa Rosa County, University of Florida farmer & rancher farm stress
CEUs Available: Two aerial, two ag row crop, two demonstration and research, and two private applicator.
# # #