Three Veterans Day events will take place in Santa Rosa County on Fri., Nov. 11. Activities are as follows:
Veterans Memorial Plaza, Milton
9:30 a.m. - Parade begins at Milton High School and ends at the Veterans Memorial Plaza, 5191 Willing Street in Milton.
11 a.m. - Veterans Day Ceremony at the Veterans Memorial Plaza in Milton
- Welcome from Daniel Powers
- Presentation of colors by Milton High School NJROTC
- National anthem by Milton High School Choir
- Post of colors by Milton High School NJROTC
- Proclamations by City of Milton Mayor Heather Lindsay and Santa Rosa County Commissioner Bob Cole, District 2
- Keynote Speaker - Lt. Commander David Rozanek, Command Chaplain, NAS Whiting Field
- Laying of the wreaths - veterans organizations
- Taps - Milton High School Band
Immediately following ceremony - 4H Cookout (donations accepted)
Santa Rosa County 4-H along with Walmart would like to invite all Veterans and their families to enjoy a Veteran’s Day Cookout this Friday at the Veteran’s Memorial Plaza. Hotdogs and Hamburgers will be served at 12 p.m. The cookout is free to veteran’s and their families. Not a veteran? Come enjoy the cookout and support veteran’s with a small donation.
In the event of inclement weather, the parade and ceremony will be cancelled.
Navarre Park, Navarre
11 a.m. - Ceremony at Navarre Park, 8513 Navarre Parkway in Navarre - presented by local veteran's organizations including Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 11367. Santa Rosa County District 5 Commissioner Colten Wright will present the Veterans Day proclamation.
VFW Post 4407, Gulf Breeze/Midway
11 a.m. - Ceremony at VFW Post 4407, 1783 Abercrombie Road in Gulf Breeze - presented by local veteran's organization Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 4407. The USAF honor guard will be present. A lunch will follow the ceremony.
Veterans Day office closures reminder
The following Santa Rosa County offices will be closed Fri., Nov. 11 for Veterans Day:
- Santa Rosa County Board of Commissioners including the library system and animal shelter.
- The library system will also be closed Sat., Nov. 12.
- The central landfill will be open.
- Santa Rosa County 9-1-1 dispatch, Lifeguard Ambulance Service and fire departments are open daily.
- Santa Rosa County Clerk of the Court
- Santa Rosa County Property Appraiser
- Santa Rosa County Supervisor of Elections
- Santa Rosa County Tax Collector