Santa Rosa County Libraries changing hours and operations
Normal operating hours for all Santa Rosa County Libraries will continue through 5 p.m. on Fri., Mar. 20. Beginning Sat., Mar. 21, libraries will be closed to the public until further notice. To minimize potential exposure to patrons and staff, the libraries are implementing the following procedures beginning Mon., Mar. 23:Returning items
Checking items out
- When returning items, patrons should place them in the book drops.
- Employees will wear gloves when retrieving returned items.
- Items will be sanitized and placed on carts to dry before being checked in.
- Patrons can log in to their library accounts online to browse the catalog and place requests for items. For assistance with this, call 981-READ (7323). Patrons must be a library cardholder in good standing to utilize this service.
- Staff will wear gloves as they pull items from the shelves. Items will be sanitized and placed on carts to dry before checking them out to the patron.
- Patrons will be notified when their holds are ready to be picked up. Pick up hours will be between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- If patrons cannot pick up items during this time frame due to work conflicts or other issues, contact the library for assistance.
- If someone other than the patron (a family member or friend) will be picking up items, notify the library by phone.
- Bring a photo ID to pick up items.
- Pick up will be contactless. Patrons must show their photo ID at the door. Items will be placed on a table for the patron to retrieve. At the Pace Library, the drive through window will be used for item pickup.
- All library items, except those received via interlibrary loan (ILL), will be renewed automatically unless another patron has a hold on the item.
- Patrons who do not have internet access at home may sit in the parking lot to access the library WiFi.
- Although libraries are closed for browsing, the website is being updated to include a new “eSources for Everyone” page that contains links to a variety of free eSources that library cardholders can access from home, including eBooks, eAudiobooks, educational resources and more. Visit www.santarosa.fl.gov/libraries.
- If the patron's account is blocked, preventing them from accessing these online resources, contact the library for assistance
- Donations of books and other materials will not be accepted until further notice. Do not leave them outside the libraries.
For questions or more information, contact the library at (850) 981-READ (7323).
# # #