Santa Rosa County Emergency Management
COVID-19 update #10 - Mon., Mar. 23, 1:30 p.m.
Please see the following updates on services provided by the Santa Rosa County Board of County Commissioners and its departments. "Santa Rosa County will continue to provide essential services county-wide, although, how those services are provided will be changing as the safety of our residents and employees is our top priority," said Commission Chairman Don Salter, District 3. "Santa Rosa County is resilient and will continue to work through all challenges presented. We ask for your patience during this time – we are all in this together."
- The following contains information on updated operations at Santa Rosa County offices.
- A full release including updates and links to other agencies, municipalities
and other constitutional officers will be sent this afternoon.
Board of County Commissioners updates
- The board of county commissioners (BOCC) will meet for its regular board meeting at 9 a.m., Thurs., Mar. 26. The agenda and supporting materials are published here. A public input form is available for input/comment on individual agenda items or to bring forward issues to be heard at public forum. The single meeting format (all business completed at regular meetings on Thursdays) will be continued through April.
The following meetings have been cancelled:
· RESTORE meeting, Tues., Mar. 24
· BOCC Special Rezoning Meeting, Thurs., Mar. 26
· Tourism Development Council, Thurs., Apr. 2
· Library Advisory Board Meeting, Thurs., Apr. 2
· BOCC Committee Meeting, Mon., Apr. 6
· Building Code Board of Adjustments, Wed., Apr. 8
· Zoning Board Meeting, Thurs., Apr. 9
· Fire Department Executive Group Meeting, Mon., Apr. 13
· BOCC LDC Review Meeting, Tues., Apr. 14
· Local Mitigation Strategy Plan Public Meeting, Tues., Apr. 14.
· Public Safety Coordinating Council Meeting, Wed., Apr. 15
· Local Mitigation Strategy Plan Public Meeting, Thurs., Apr. 16
· BOCC Committee Meeting, Mon., Apr. 20
· Commission Special - Rezoning Meeting, Thurs., Apr. 23
· Local Mitigation Strategy Task Force, Thurs., Apr. 23
The following meetings are still scheduled and will be held in the County Administrative Center boardroom, 6495 Caroline Street in Milton, unless otherwise indicated:
· Marine Advisory, Tues., Apr. 7, 5 p.m.
· Commission Regular, Thurs., Apr. 9, 9 a.m.
· Aviation Advisory Committee, Wed., Apr. 15, 5 p.m.
· LOST Committee Meeting, Thurs., Apr. 16, 9 a.m.
· Bagdad Architectural Advisory Board, Wed., Apr. 22, 8:30 a.m.
in the Public Services Conference Room, 6051 Old Bagdad Hwy. in Milton
· Parks and Recreation, Wed., Apr. 22, 5:30 p.m.
· Commission Regular, Thurs., Apr. 23, 9 a.m.
County Department UpdatesAnimal Services
- The shelter is seeking 100 “on-call” emergency fosters. Adoption fees have been reduced to $10 for cats and $25 for dogs through the end of March. To make donations during this critical time, visit www.santarosa.fl.gov/animals.
- Intake by owner surrender has been suspended until further notice.
- Citizens are asked not to pick up stray animals unless they intend to foster them. If you see a stray, call the shelter, 850-983-4680 and notify them of the animal’s description and location. “Walk in” strays will not be accepted.
- Animal Control Officers will make efforts to return found animals home in the field to prevent them from coming into the shelter.
- Adoptions, foster and redemptions are by appointment only; call 850-983-4680.
- Shelter will limit intake to “essential intake” only which includes:
- dangerous animals.
- sick, injured, neonatal animals with no mother.
- confiscation for owner and legal related issues.
- The Office of Management and Budget will be closed to walk in traffic. For inquiries, contact BudgetDepartment@santarosa.fl.gov or call 850-983-1860.
- Procurement will be closed to the public. Phone and/or video conferencing is available if needed for solicitations, or call 850-983-1870.
Development Services (Planning, Zoning, Inspections)
- Code Enforcement will continue to work field cases without face-to-face interaction, utilizing phone and mail. Cases may be submitted to the office via phone (850-981-7090 or 850-981-7034) or the online portal.
- All contractor licensing interaction shall be handled via phone and other electronic means.
- For all other inquiries, email email@example.com.
- The lobby is closed for all walk-in appointments.
- All pre-application meetings for Development Services will be conducted via conference call or postponed.
- Site plans, permit applications and other documentation that cannot be submitted electronically (emailed or faxed) can be placed in one of the drop boxes located one of our two locations. The Milton office is located at 6051 Old Bagdad Hwy., Suite 202, Milton and the south end office is located at 5841 Gulf Breeze Parkway, Gulf Breeze.
- The April Zoning Board, April BOCC Special Rezoning and BOCC LDC Update workshop will be rescheduled to a later date and time.
- Fax for permitting: 850-623-1208 and fax for planning/zoning: 850-983-9874.
- Building Inspections
- The lobby is closed to all walk-in traffic.
- Permit applications may be submitted via email, fax or over the phone. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org, fax (850) 623-1208 or call (850) 981-7000.
- Small building plan submissions, such as swimming pools, accessory structures, mobile homes, may be submitted via fax at (850) 623-1208 or email to email@example.com.
- Large plans, permit applications and other documentation that cannot be submitted electronically (emailed or faxed) can be placed in one of the drop boxes located at 6051 Old Bagdad Hwy., Suite 202, Milton or the south end office at 5841 Gulf Breeze Parkway, Gulf Breeze.
- Online permitting is available for any sub-permit work on new single-family construction. Contractors should login to the Contractor Console to find the main building permit for the project in question. This option is currently not available for owner-builders. For assistance, call (850) 981-7057 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In-person non-essential inspections, such as those for window and door installations, shutter installations, mechanical unit change outs, and water heater replacements are postponed until further notice. However, the contractor or permit holder can request the inspection to be performed virtually. Call (850) 981-7000 to schedule a virtual inspection.
- Inspectors will continue to work in the field performing essential inspections but will have limited public interactions. Call the HELLO system (850) 981-7050 to set up an inspection or call the main office (850) 981-7000.
- All non-essential meetings, including our in-person pre-application meetings, have been cancelled until further notice. However, we can schedule a pre-application meeting via a conference call or web-based. Call (850) 981-7084 or use the on-line Meeting Request Form to schedule an appointment.
- If you cannot pay for a permit or other item using an escrow account, debit or credit card, call 850-981-7000 to schedule an appointment to make a payment.
- Flood determinations or flood questions are available via email, fax or over the phone. Call (850) 981-7029 or email WebEmail-FloodReview@santarosa.fl.gov.
- Non-essential periodic fire/life safety inspections have been cancelled. This does not include new construction or for those businesses needing a fire/life safety inspection for state licensing purposes, such as a daycare or assisted living facility. Call (850) 981-7000.
Environmental (Solid Waste, Landfill, Mosquito Control)
- The lobby is closed for walk-in traffic.
- All pre-application meetings for engineering and development services will be conducted via conference call or postponed.
- Engineering/development plan submittals may be left in a drop box outside engineering front door.
- Landfill services will operate under normal conditions.
- Citizens may experience delays in trash pickup due to franchise hauler's operations.
- Mosquito control will be operating under normal conditions.
- Contact Environmental-Dept@santarosa.fl.gov or 850-981-7135 for more information.
- All county parks are open for the public to enjoy walking and running.
- The public is discouraged from using playground equipment as the means to keep equipment sanitized at all times is not possible.
- All restrooms at county parks are closed until further notice.
- No walk-ins are being accepted.
- Drop off box is located at 4530 Spike's Way, County Auditorium
- Reserve a facility on-line at https://anprod.active.com/santarosa/servlet; the earliest availablity is after May 19, 2020.
- Structural, operations and landscaping/grounds will be operating under normal conditions until further notice.
- For questions, contact BuildingMaintenance@santarosa.fl.gov or 850.983.1940.
- Human Resources will continue to provide services but will close the office to in-person traffic. Individuals may communicate with the department via e-mail or phone. New employee orientations will be by appointment.
- Human Resources can be reached by phone, 850-983-1948 or email@example.com.
Navarre Beach Utilities
- Returning items
- Patrons should place returned items in the book drops.
- Employees will wear gloves when retrieving returned items.
- Items will be sanitized before being checked back in.
- Checking items out
- Patrons can log in to their library accounts online to browse the catalog and place requests for items. For assistance with this, please call 981-READ.
- Staff will wear gloves as they pull items from the shelves. Items will be sanitized before being checked out
- Patrons will be notified when their holds are ready to be picked up. Pick up hours will be between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m., Mon. through Fri.
- If you cannot pick up your items during this time frame, contact the library for assistance.
- If someone else (a family member or friend) will be picking up your items, notify the library by phone.
- Bring a photo ID to pick up items.
- Pick up will be contactless. Patrons must show a photo ID at the door. Items will be placed on a table for the patron to retrieve.
- All library items, except those received via ILL (interlibrary loan), will be renewed automatically unless another patron has a hold on the item.
- Other library services
- Patrons who do not have internet access at home may sit in the parking lot to access the WiFi.
- Although facilities are closed for browsing, the library website is being updated to include an “eSources for Everyone” page with links to free eSources cardholders can access from home, including eBooks, eAudiobooks, educational resources, and more.
- If your account is blocked, preventing you from accessing these online resources, contact your library for assistance.
- Donations of books and other materials will not be accepted until further notice. Do not leave them outside the libraries.
- All bill payments must be made over the phone with a credit or debit card until further notice.
- For any other questions, call 981-READ (7323).
Public Works/Road & Bridge
- The Navarre Beach Utilities lobby has been closed for all walk-in traffic.
- Utility bills and lease fee payments may be left in the after-hours drop box.
- Services are available via email and phone.
Tourist Development Office (TDO)
- The lobby has been closed to walk-in traffic.
- Residents may report issues online.
- For general inquiries, call 850-626-0191.
- The office is closed at 4:30 p.m Mon., Mar. 23 to walk-in traffic however phones, 850-981-8900, will be answered during normal work hours.
- A live chat function will be added to Getrelaxing.com by 4:30 p.m. Mon., Mar. 23.
- Grab & Go Visitor Bags will be stocked and placed outside the front door on a daily basis which will include an updated status list of restaurants serving take-out and gift shops that are open as well as the hours of Walmart Navarre, Publix, Winn Dixie and Neighborhood Walmart, CVS and Walgreens.
- The office will continue to provide updates to the Tourism Development Council.
- Veterans Services closed to walk-ins.
- The Milton office is open by appointment only as deemed necessary.
- South Service Center is closed, however Veterans Services office remains open for appointments.
- Veterans Services Milton Office: 850-981-7155, fax: 850-981-7154
Laurie Schulze: firstname.lastname@example.org
Karen Haworth: email@example.com
- Veterans Services South Service Center: 850-981-7110, fax: 850-981-7085
Tonye Rutherford: firstname.lastname@example.org
Andy Anderson: email@example.com
# # #