Santa Rosa County Emergency Management
COVID-19 update #12 - Tues., Mar. 24
Updates are highlighted. Sign up to receive this via email.Santa Rosa County
Santa Rosa County has enacted ESF 18 in conjunction with the Economic Development Office to provide guidance and coordinate issues with Santa Rosa County’s business community in all phases of emergency management
- Find daily updated information on operations at Santa Rosa County offices as well as information for constitutional officers, the school board, municipalities and other agencies here.
- All county parks are open for the public to enjoy walking and running with exception of parks on the island of Navarre Beach. View Navarre Beach closure information here. The pier and beaches of Navarre Beach are closed to everyone including beach residents and guests of hotels and rentals.
- The public is discouraged from using playground equipment as the means to keep equipment sanitized at all times is not possible. All restrooms at county parks are closed until further notice.
- View community event cancellations and postponements here.
Other County Updates
- SantaRosaReady.com has been created to serve as a clearinghouse for all business needs including information on how to apply for bridge loans
- Even if you haven’t yet been impacted financially by COVID19 we encourage all business owners in Santa Rosa County to complete the surveys on SantaRosaReady.com and register with the SBDC.
The following meetings have been cancelled:
- The Santa Rosa Board of County Commissioners will hold a commission regular meeting in the Administrative Complex, 6495 Caroline St. in Milton, on Thurs., Mar. 26 at 9 a.m. See the interactive agenda with backup supporting documents. This meeting will be streamed live and archived online. The board of county commissioners in the future may meet utilizing communication technology with or without a physical quorum present. Seating is limited due to CDC recommendations. Additionally, a public input form is available for input/comment on individual agenda items or to bring forward issues to be heard at public forum. The single meeting format (all business completed at regular meetings on Thursdays) will be continued through April.
- To adopt or foster a pet from the animal shelter, please schedule an appointment online.
- RESTORE meeting, Tues., Mar. 24
- BOCC Special Rezoning Meeting, Thurs., Mar. 26
- Tourism Development Council, Thurs., Apr. 2
- Library Advisory Board Meeting, Thurs., Apr. 2
- BOCC Committee Meeting, Mon., Apr. 6
- Building Code Board of Adjustments, Wed., Apr. 8
- Zoning Board Meeting, Thurs., Apr. 9
- Fire Department Executive Group Meeting, Mon., Apr. 13
- BOCC LDC Review Meeting, Tues., Apr. 14
- Local Mitigation Strategy Plan Public Meeting, Tues., Apr. 14.
- Public Safety Coordinating Council Meeting, Wed., Apr. 15
- Local Mitigation Strategy Plan Public Meeting, Thurs., Apr. 16
- BOCC Committee Meeting, Mon., Apr. 20
- Commission Special - Rezoning Meeting, Thurs., Apr. 23
- Local Mitigation Strategy Task Force, Thurs., Apr. 23
The following meetings are still scheduled and will be held in the County Administrative Center boardroom, 6495 Caroline Street in Milton, unless otherwise indicated:
- Marine Advisory, Tues., Apr. 7, 5 p.m.
- Commission Regular, Thurs., Apr. 9, 9 a.m.
- Aviation Advisory Committee, Wed., Apr. 15, 5 p.m.
- LOST Committee Meeting, Thurs., Apr. 16, 9 a.m.
- Bagdad Architectural Advisory Board, Wed., Apr. 22, 8:30 a.m.
in the Public Services Conference Room, 6051 Old Bagdad Hwy. in Milton
- Parks and Recreation, Wed., Apr. 22, 5:30 p.m.
- Commission Regular, Thurs., Apr. 23, 9 a.m.
- For more frequent updates, see: www.santarosa.k12.fl.us.
- Feeding sites will be set up throughout the county for any child up to 18 (21 if special needs), regardless of free/reduced lunch status.
- Students must be present to receive a meal.
- Parents/guardians can’t request additional meals for children at home.
- Breakfast/lunch feeding program school sites drive thru service runs from 9:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m., weekdays.
- Milton High - bus ramp on Raymond Hobbs Lane
- East Milton Elementary - bus ramp in front of school
- Bagdad Elementary - bus ramp area
- TR Jackson - parent pickup area
- Benny Russell Elementary - bus ramp area
- Berryhill Elementary - bus ramp
- Jay Elementary - bus loop on Alabama Street
- Central School - parent pickup area
- Pea Ridge Elementary - parent pickup lane
- Holly Navarre Primary - parent pickup area
- Also in the communities served by the schools above, busses will begin delivering meals in neighborhoods from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on weekdays.
- Breakfast/lunch feeding program off-site locations:
- Living Truth Church (Pace - Chumuckla)
- Midway Fire Station, 1322 College Parkway
- Bus stop at 3144 Auburn Way (Milton)
- Bus stop at 7596 Blackjack Circle (Navarre)
- Blackwater Baptist (Munson)
- Santa Gurtrudas Drive (East Milton, south of I-10)
- Permenter Road (East Milton, north of I-10)
- Skyline (Milton)
- Intersection of Syrcle and Judy
- Intersection of Syrcle and Julia
- Intersection of Skyline and Eva
- Intersection of Syrcle and Gaynell
- Bell Ridge Apartments (Pea Ridge)
- Santa Villa (Pea Ridge)
City of Milton
- Milton City Council declared a state of emergency Mon., Mar. 23. The city is operating within its emergency management plan and pandemic plan.
- All city buildings as well as Milton City Hall lobby are closed to the public. The north service door at city hall is for entry only.
- Milton Police Department lobby will remain open.
- All essential city functions will continue: public works, water/sewer/gas, sanitation, police, fire, finance, public information and administration.
- Online payment fees have been waived at www.miltonfl.org. The drive-thru window is open and walk-ups are welcome.
- City parks will remain open as long as people practice social distancing. Playground equipment, tables, etc. are not sanitized. All restrooms are closed.
- Federal Small Business Guidance and Loan Resources are available for Florida and listed on the city's website.
Sheriff's OfficeThe Santa Rosa County Sheriff's Office has launched eReports Online Reporting. THIS IS NOT FOR EMERGENCIES. Citizens can now submit an online report for:
- Petit Theft
- Scams and Frauds
- Harassing Phone Calls
- Lost Property
- Lost/Stolen Tags
- Gas Drive Off
- Credit Card Fraud
Pensacola State College
- PSC is transitioning face-to-face classes, including most labs and clinicals, to an online format when classes resume Mon., Mar. 30. Students in clock hour programs will receive instructions for their specific program from their instructors.
- All classes, including online classes, are suspended through Sun., Mar. 29.
- Campuses, centers and buildings are closed to students through Sun., Mar. 29.
- Campuses and buildings are closed to the general public through May 6, which includes the pool, theater, art gallery, planetarium, testing center, gymnasium, dental clinic, library, and fitness centers.
- All events have been cancelled through May 6, including the Lumberjack Festival, art exhibitions and lyceum performances.
- FAQs are available at Pensacolastate.edu/Covid19.
- Effective immediately, eligible small businesses interested in applying for the Florida Small Business Emergency Bridge Loan program, a short-term loan designed to help business owners bridge the gap between the time of impact and when the business has secured long-term assistance, should apply for the program through one of two ways:
- Apply online and upload required supporting documentation or
- Download an application, complete it and mail it with the required supporting documentation to: Florida Department of Economic Opportunity, c/o Small Business Emergency Bridge Loan, 107 E. Madison Street, MSC-160, Tallahassee FL 32399-4120
Baptist Health Care
- Effective Tues., Mar. 24, a No Visitation policy with limited entry doors will be activated at Baptist Hospital, Gulf Breeze Hospital and Jay Hospital. Visitor exceptions will be made for end of life and critical caregivers. Approved visitors will be actively screened prior to entrance with CDC screening questions and temperature checks.
- Following Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), Health & Human Services (HHS) and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidance, elective surgeries and procedures at Baptist Health Care facilities have been postponed. This includes Andrews Institute Ambulatory Surgery Center, Baptist Medical Park - Nine Mile Ambulatory Surgery Center, Baptist Hospital, Gulf Breeze Hospital and Jay Hospital. We are working with all patients to reschedule their care to a future date and ensuring their current needs are being met. Exceptions will be made for time-sensitive and urgent needs on a patient-by-patient basis.
- All screening appointments for imaging, including mammograms, DEXA scans, lung CTs and screening endoscopy, are being rescheduled for late April. Medically urgent imaging appointments will remain unchanged as scheduled.
- Baptist Health Care has a screening center to evaluate people with COVID-19 symptoms. Individuals with respiratory symptoms may set up an appointment by contacting their primary care provider office. An appointment is required to visit the center.
- Symptoms to determine if a visit to the clinic is needed.
- Patients will be asked to remain in their vehicles and a BMG team member will escort them to the clinic.
- For more information visit eBaptistHealthCare.org.
- The property appraiser's office is now closed to the public. The Property Appraiser has added a live chat function to their website allowing taxpayers the opportunity to chat with a staff member regarding properties within the county or with website assistance.
Clerk of Courts
- The Clerks office is suspending the application process for passports and marriage licenses until further notice.
- In-person payments at the courthouse for fines and fees are suspended until further notice. Individuals wanting to pay their fines and fees can call the Clerks office at (850) 981-5554, use the website or mail in payments.
Gulf Islands National Seashore
- Special use permits for activities have been cancelled.
- The Naval Live Oaks Area Soundside (south of Highway 98) is closed.
- The Santa Rosa areas of the Gulf Islands National Seashore are closed including Opal Beach and Highway 399 between Navarre and Pensacola Beach.
- Where it is possible to adhere to the latest health guidance, park beaches, islands, hiking trails, fishing piers, and campgrounds remain open at this time.
- All ranger led programs have been cancelled.
- The Naval Live Oaks Exhibit Area at park headquarters is closed.
Florida State Parks
- The Department of Environmental Protection has closed all Florida state parks.
- For updates, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram or call 850-245-2157.
- CareerSource Escarosa offices are closed to the public. Staff will remain available to serve job seekers and others by phone and online.
- Residents are encouraged to use www.employflorida.com, www.floridajobs.org, and to call for phone assistance and work with one of the advisors. To initiate or manage a reemployment claim for benefits, click here.
- Information for job seekers, click here.
- Information for employers, click here.
Florida Department of Health
# # #