COVID-19 Update #22 - Tues., Apr. 7Santa Rosa County
- All Santa Rosa County Library facilities remain closed until further notice.
- Holds pick up service will be discontinued as of Fri., Apr. 17 at 4 p.m. Holds must be picked up by this date.
- The last day to place a hold is Thurs., Apr. 9.
- The book drops will remain open for patrons to return items.
- Donations will not be accepted until further notice.
- Patrons are encouraged to utilize the free eSources.
- Axis360 eBooks now allows up to five books to be checked out at a time.
- Visit the Library System’s website for information concerning library operations.
- Santa Rosa Economic Development Office and the SBDC at UWF will host a webinar Thurs., Apr. 9 at 11 a.m. to answer questions about the Florida Emergency Bridge Loan and the SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loan. To register, email firstname.lastname@example.org by Wed., Apr. 8 at 5 p.m.
- Santa Rosa County offices will be closed in observance of Good Friday on Fri., Apr. 10. Central Landfill will be open regular hours and 9-1-1 is always operational.
- Burning Yard Debris? Remember to be mindful of your smoke. With many people self-quarantining at home, please don’t add to their worries with the careless smoke intrusion. If the wind is blowing toward your neighbors’ homes, wait for more favorable conditions before lighting your fire. Don’t forget – no trash, no plastic, no paper, no treated lumber – know fire law and meet the required setbacks.
City of Gulf Breeze
- The city council regular meeting will be held Mon., Apr. 20, at 5:30 p.m. and broadcast via YouTube Live on the city’s web site.
- Prior to the meeting, the public should review the agenda. Questions and comments must be submitted by close of business April 20 on agenda items. Emails should be sent to the city clerk and include name, address and agenda item. The clerk will read question or comment in the meeting for a response by the mayor and council.
- To participate in public forum at the end of the meeting, comment on YouTube Live with name, city address, and question or comment.
- All non-essential volunteer and committee board meetings have been canceled.
- The customer service lobby requires scheduled appointments. Call 850-934-5110.
- Utility bills may be left in the after-hours drop box.
- Resolution 24-2020 suspends late fees and disconnections for past due utility accounts in April. Customers must phone utility customer service at 850-934-5100 and www.cityofgulfbreeze.us to receive a suspension of fees or a deferred payment plan. Failure to apply for hardship may result in past due penalty fees.
- Utility online payment fees are also suspended.
- New customers should apply online.
- Residents may report issues online. In-home service calls are limited and considered on a case-by-case basis.
- All city parks are open for the public for walking and running. Please maintain social distancing; Resolution 21-2020 provides for enforcement with penalties of up to $500 per offense.
- Areas closed are the large pavilion at Shoreline Park South, restrooms, water fountains, batting cages, and the community center.
- Basketball, tennis, skatepark, disc golf, and volleyball are limited in play until dusk, and monitored by staff.
- Boat launch, boardwalks and piers are open but limited; CDC recommendations strictly enforced.
- Gulf Breeze seniors and families with students on the reduced lunch program may sign up to receive a weekly dry food supply through the Interfaith Disaster Resources (IDR) Food Assistance Hotline, 850-903-1420.
First Judicial Circuit
- All grand jury proceedings, jury selection proceedings, and criminal and civil jury trials are suspended through Friday, May 29, 2020.
- The Courts of the First Judicial Circuit will continue other mission-critical operations with limited in-person contact through May 29.
FedExThe FedEx office located at 1520 Airport Blvd in Pensacola is offering free copies of the Florida reemployment assistance applications and will mail them for free as well. Visit the office, pick up a blank application, complete it and FedEx will make a copy and mail it, for free. One per person.
Baptist Health Care
- Baptist has opened a screening center in south Santa Rosa County to evaluate people with respiratory illness and COVID-19 symptoms.
- All individuals with respiratory symptoms – such as cough, fever and shortness of breath – should call 850.434.4080 to determine if they need an appointment with the screening center.
- An appointment is required to visit this center. Patients will be asked to remain in their vehicles until a team member escorts them to the clinic.
# # #