COVID-19 Update #23 - Wed., Apr. 8Santa Rosa County
- Santa Rosa County residents who do not have a library card can call the libraries (981-READ) to get a temporary eCard. This eCard can be used to access online resources, including eBooks, eAudiobooks, language learning, homework help, genealogy resources, and more. A block will be placed on these temporary eCards when the libraries resume normal operations. At that time, eCard holders can come into the library to show a photo id and proof of address so their card can be reactivated with full privileges.
- Questions about Navarre Beach? See the Navarre Beach closure page.
- Santa Rosa Economic Development Office and the SBDC at UWF will host a webinar Thurs., Apr. 9 at 11 a.m. to answer questions about the Florida Emergency Bridge Loan and the SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loan. To register, email email@example.com by Wed., Apr. 8 at 5 p.m.
- Santa Rosa County offices will be closed in observance of Good Friday on Fri., Apr. 10. The landfill will be open regular hours and 9-1-1 is always operational.
- Burning Yard Debris? Remember to be mindful of your smoke. With many people self-quarantining at home, please don’t add to their worries with the careless smoke intrusion. If the wind is blowing toward your neighbors’ homes, wait for more favorable conditions before lighting your fire. Don’t forget – no trash, no plastic, no paper, no treated lumber – know fire law and meet the required setbacks.
City of Milton
- All city buildings as well as the City Hall lobby are closed to the public.
- Milton Police Department lobby will remain open at this time.
- All essential city functions will continue: public works, water/sewer/gas, sanitation, police, fire, finance, public information, economic development and administration.
- Online payment fee has been removed at www.miltonfl.org. The drive-thru window is open and walk-ups are welcome.
- City parks will remain open as long as people practice social distancing. Playground equipment, tables, etc. are not sanitized. All restrooms are closed at and will remain closed during this time. Use the playground equipment, tables etc. at your own risk.
- Executive and Committee of the Whole meetings are cancelled for April. The CRA and City Council meetings will take place at its regularly scheduled time using available communications media technology. Check www.miltonfl.org for details.
- All advisory committee boards and meetings have been cancelled for April.
- The city has allocated an additional $60,000 to the $100,000 Santa Rosa County Small Business COVID-19 Recovery Grant Program. Contact the Florida SBDC at 850-586-7802 or www.sbdc.uwf.edu, or visit www.santarosaready.com for details.
# # #