COVID-19 Update #39 - Mon., May 11
Updates are highlighted. Subscribe to receive this update via email.Updates are only sent when new information is available, not necessarily daily.See our full list of information at www.santarosa.fl.gov/covid19.Santa Rosa County
- Governor Ron DeSantis issued Executive Order 20-120 allowing the following establishments to reopen today, May 11, within Phase 1 guidelines: barbershops, cosmetology salons, and cosmetology specialty salons that adopt appropriate social distancing and precautionary measures outlined by the Department of Business and Professional Regulation here. Read the full order here.
- A drive-through COVID testing site at University of West Florida is open for residents of Escambia and Santa Rosa counties from 9 a.m.-5 p.m., seven days a week until May 15. Details here. Contact the Department of Health (850-564-2307) for questions.
- The Santa Rosa County Library System will resume curbside holds pick up on Mon., May 18.
- Patrons may begin placing holds on Mon., May 11.
- Holds will be available for pick up Mon. - Fri., 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. beginning Mon., May 18. Library staff will notify patrons when their holds are ready.
- Call 981-READ (7323) for further information.
- Navarre Beach is open for full access 24/7 by residents and visitors.
- The Navarre Beach Marine Park parking lots close at sundown.
- Navarre Beach Pier is open for regular summer hours, 5 a.m - 11 p.m. Normal pier admission procedures are in place; daily and annual passes may be purchased.
- Law enforcement will maintain a presence on the island to ensure social distancing guidelines are followed.
Gulf Islands National Seashore
The following are open within the Gulf Islands National Seashore:
Gulf Islands National Seashore will implement its annual effort to protect nesting shorebirds by lowering speed limits to 25 mph on Hwy. 399, installing radar speed signs and speed humps, and increasing speed limit enforcement patrols.
- The Santa Rosa area, including Hwy. 399
- Parking lots 34B, 34C, and 34D within the Opal Beach Complex
- Parking lots 33A and 36A along the gulfside of Hwy. 399 will remain closed through the summer due to shorebird nesting.
- All restrooms will remain closed.
First Judicial CircuitAll grand jury proceedings, jury selection proceedings, and criminal and civil jury trials are suspended through Thursday, July 2, 2020, by order of the Supreme Court of Florida.
City of Milton
- The City of Milton will hold its regularly scheduled city council meeting on Tues., May 12, to discuss the emergency declaration.
- The City of Milton Fire Department will assist all local businesses with meeting the 25% occupancy limit.
# # #