COVID-19 Update #46 - Tues., June 2
Updates are highlighted. Subscribe to receive this update via email.Updates are only sent when new information is available.See our full list of information at www.santarosa.fl.gov/covid19.Santa Rosa County
- Citizens are encouraged to continue to use alternative options for business with the county as much as possible and are asked not to enter county offices if exhibiting symptoms of the virus such as fever or chills, coughing and shortness of breath or difficulty breathing. Facilities are disinfected daily and splash guards have been installed to minimize the risk of exposure for citizens and staff. The county will continue to follow the governor’s executive orders and the CDC guidelines of social distancing until further notice, however everyone has a role in the ensuring the county is as safe as possible to remain open.
- Many county offices are open for normal business and operations with the following exceptions:
- Animal services is open for appointment only visits. Make an appointment online or call (850) 983-4680. More information about lost and adoptable pets along with the many programs offered through the shelter can be found at www.santarosa.fl.gov/animals.
- Code enforcement is open to meet with citizens by appointment Monday-Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (850) 981-7090 or (850) 981-7034.
- Development services is open to the public with normal business hours of Mon. - Fri., 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The office is limited to 10 customers at a time. Business is still being conducted online, via email, phone mail or drop box to the fullest extent possible.
- Engineering is open by appointment only, Mon. - Fri., 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Plans or submittals may be dropped off outside in the receptacle. Call (850) 981-7100 to make an appointment.
- Environmental is open by appointment only, Mon. - Fri., 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Call (850) 981-7135 to make an appointment.
- Facilities management is open Mon. - Fri., 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. with only two customers allowed in the office at one time to maintain social distancing guidelines. Citizens may call (850) 983-1940 for an appointment. Citizens are ask to call the office before entering.
- All county libraries have re-opened with temporary hours of 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Mon. - Fri. with a limited number of patrons allowed inside library buildings at a time. Masks are encouraged. Advanced computer reservations are still required; call 981-READ (7323) and select the option for your local library to make a reservation. All meeting rooms remain closed. Curbside pickup is still available and patrons are encouraged to use this service.
- The Navarre Beach office is open by appointment only, Mon. - Fri., 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Call (850) 981-8888 to make an appointment.
- Public works is open to the public with normal business hours of Mon. - Thur., 6:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Fri., 6:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Citizens are encouraged to practice social distancing and wear a mask when entering the building. Work orders can be easily submitted online.
- Veterans services is open by appointment only 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Mon. - Fri. at the Milton office and South Service Center. Call (850) 981-7155 for the Milton office and (850) 981-7110 for the South Service Center.
- Find more information on county closures and resources online.
- Facilities management is working diligently to provide residents with access to county facilities in a safe and responsible manner. The ACTIVE Net online reservation system is not active, contact facilities management at (850) 983-1940 for any reservations.
- Indoor facilities (community centers and county auditorium)
- Capacity has been reduced to accommodate social distancing. Each indoor facility has been mapped to reflect chair placement every six feet. See example here.
- Only one event per day can be scheduled to allow for the cleaning of the facility after the event or before the next day's event
- Staff is working with renters to reschedule events if a facility has multiple reservations for the same day. Refunds are also being offered.
- Outdoor facilities (pavilions)
- Reservations for outdoor facilities will not be taken until further notice due to the inability to establish social distancing "seating." Additionally, there is no way to disinfect/clean the outdoor facilities.
- Outdoor facilities will remain open for public use as first come, first served.
- Refunds are being processed for existing reservations.
- Park restrooms and Navarre Park splash pad
- All restrooms in county parks and the splash pad will reopen Fr., June 5 and normal cleaning routines/maintenance procedures will resume.
- Water fountains in county-owned facilities
- All water fountains will be shut off for the safety of citizens and employees.
- A webinar on how to create a business disaster management plan presented by Florida SBDC Consultant Ayesha Haider, MBA in partnership with Santa Rosa Economic Development will be held on Wed., June 3 at 11 a.m. This webinar is free to attend. Register at www.chamberwebinarwednesday.com.
- Department of Business and Professional Regulation Secretary Halsey Beshears approved short-term vacation rentals for Santa Rosa County in accordance with the letter of request and short-term rental safety plan submitted to the state on Fri., May 15. For questions regarding rentals, email TDO@santarosa.fl.gov.
- See all of the governor's the executive orders online.
City of Gulf BreezeThe City of Gulf Breeze has developed a recreation and public facilities reopening plan:Effective Tuesday, June 2, 2020
Subject to the Governor’s Declaration of Phase II
- The Community Center will open from 1 p.m. to 9 p.m. Mon. - Fri.; 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday; and 12 p.m. - 6 p.m. Sunday for free play activities only.
- Allowed free play activities for youth and adults will include basketball, volleyball and pickleball.
- Group reservations and organized fee for service programming such as jazzercise, fitness classes, etc. will not be permitted.
- Outdoor facility rentals, playgrounds, the splash pad and concessions will remain closed.
- Park monitoring and gate attendant activities by city workers will be reduced and temporary part time service workers who are currently serving as park monitors and gate attendants will return to community center service.
- Park restrooms are open.
- City Hall will reopen for lobby walk-in service.
Subject to the Governor’s Declaration of Phase III
- Summer camp will begin on July 1 and run from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Mon. - Fri. with the camp program having exclusive use of the community center during those hours.
- While summer camp is being offered, the community center will be open for free play activities from 5:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. Mon. - Fri.; 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday; and 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday.
- Outdoor facility rentals with reservations, playgrounds and concessions will reopen.
- Limited special event permitting will resume for all city-controlled public property and events with less than 50 requiring city services will resume.
- Community center returns to pre-pandemic operations and programming.
- The splash pad will resume.
- Special events and tournaments, and special event permitting for all city-controlled public property and events requiring city services will resume.
- Group reservations and organized fee for service programming such as jazzercise, fitness classes, etc. will resume.
Clerk of Courts
Persons attempting to enter the courthouse should expect to undergo a non-invasive temperature check. Screening questions regarding potential symptoms or prior exposure to COVID-19 will be asked upon entry. Refusal of the temperature screening or to answer screening questions will result in denial of access to the building. Signage will be posted regarding the maintenance of proper social distancing, and those entering the courthouse will be required to wear a mask at all times while entering and while within the building. Plastic bins have been removed from the security checkpoint, and each person will be given a clear bag to place personal belongings in for screening. At this time, courthouse access remains limited to those persons who are required for court proceedings, or those individuals with other official business within the courthouse facilities.
Escambia River Electric CooperativeEscambia River Electric Cooperative lobbies in both Walnut Hill and Jay are now open. EREC encourages members to utilize remote options for electric service. Payments may be made by mail, online at www.erec.com, by telephone autopay or by night depository. Services such as opening or closing an electric, water or internet account; making changes to your services; inquiring about your account balance, service orders, etc. can all be handled by email or phone as well. Contact email@example.com or call (850) 675-4521 / 1-800-235-3848 for assistance.
Santa Rosa County School DistrictSanta Rosa County School District food contractor Sodexo, in cooperation with STA, the Santa Rosa County District Schools bus service, will continue the summer feeding program that started in March. This program is currently scheduled to continue through early August. For more detailed information visit www.santarosa.k12.fl.us.
Tri-County Community Council (TCCC)
- TCCC, the designated transportation coordinator for Santa Rosa County, is providing ride services again following a suspension due to COVID-19 and is taking ride reservations.
- TCCC has been reporting daily to FDOT and the county regarding ongoing COVID-19 actions.
- The TCCC office located at 7255 East Hwy. 90 in Milton is open.
- The TCCC contact number is (850) 626-6806 for questions or inquiries.
Florida State Forests
- Florida state forests and campgrounds are open with limited capacity at Clear Creek OHV Riding Area, Bear Lake, the Coldwater horse stables, Hurricane Lake and Karick Lake.
- Krul Recreation Area and Sweetwater Trail remain closed.
- No appointment necessary and no prescreening required.
- No cost or copay but bring insurance card.
- Testing may be oral swabs or nasal swabs. This is not a test for antibodies.
- More details here. For questions, contact the Department of Health (850-564-2307).
Dates and times
- Available until further notice daily from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Must be 18 years of age or older
University of West Florida parking lot SP2 (near the East Sports Complex)
11000 University Pkwy., Pensacola (map)
- OneBlood web site is testing all blood donations for the COVID-19 antibody. The antibody test is authorized by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and will indicate if the donor’s immune system has produced antibodies to the virus, regardless of whether they ever showed symptoms.
- Appointments to donate are required.
- Do not donate if you are not feeling well or have a fever.
Summer meals for age 18 and under
The following sites will offer summer meals for any child up to age 18 at the following sites in partnership with Feeding the Gulf Coast.
- Magnolia Crossing Apartments, 4312 Magnolia Crossing Circle in Pace
Monday - Friday, 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- My Father’s Arrows, Inc., 4025 Hwy. 178 in Jay
Monday - Friday, 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Isiah Chapel AME Zion Church, 5038 Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Dr. in Milton
Tuesday and Thursday, 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
There are many feeding programs in the county where residents can pick up enough food for a family of four for at least a week. See the calendar for a complete schedule (https://bit.ly/3cKe0rZ
) or map of closest location (https://bit.ly/3cGTaK4
).There are no restrictions on who may utilize this program. Wed., June 38:00 AM | Navarre First Assembly of God | Details8:30 AM | St. Rose of Lima Catholic Church | Details9:00 AM | Billory Baptist Church | Details9:00 AM | Christian Life Church | Details9:00 AM | Immanuel Baptist Church | Details9:00 AM | Interfaith Ministries | Details9:00 AM | Olivet Baptist Church | Details9:00 AM | St. Ann Catholic Church | Details10:00 AM | We Care Ministries | Details1:00 PM | St. Ann Catholic Church | DetailsThur., June 48:00 AM | Navarre First Assembly of God | Details8:30 AM | First United Methodist Church | Details8:30 AM | Pace Assembly Ministries | Details8:30 AM | St. Rose of Lima Catholic Church | Details9:00 AM | St. Ann Catholic Church | Details10:00 AM | ACTS Ministries | Details10:00 AM | We Care Ministries | Details11:00 AM | Coast Community Church | Details12:00 PM | First Baptist Church of Milton | Details1:00 PM | St. Ann Catholic Church | DetailsFri., June 59:00 AM | St. Ann Catholic Church | Details10:00 AM | We Care Ministries | Details1:00 PM | St. Ann Catholic Church | DetailsSat., June 69:00 AM | All Things New Ministry | Details10:00 AM | Destiny Bible Church | Details
Sun., June 7
1:00 PM | The King's Harvest | DetailsMon., June 88:00 AM | Navarre First Assembly of God | Details8:30 AM | St. Rose of Lima Catholic Church | Details9:00 AM | Christ United Methodist Church | Details9:00 AM | Christian Life Church | Details9:00 AM | Immanuel Baptist Church | Details9:00 AM | St. Ann Catholic Church | Details10:00 AM | We Care Ministries | Details1:00 PM | St. Ann Catholic Church | Details
# # #