2020 Primary Election Book Closing
Santa Rosa County Supervisor of Elections Tappie A. Villane reminds voters registration books will close on Mon., July 20. It is the last day to register to vote or make party affiliation changes for the Primary Election to be held on Aug. 18.
Florida law mandates registration books close 29 days before an election. New registrations and party changes must be completed on or before July 20 to be effective for the August 18 Primary Election.
The main office located at 6495 Caroline St. in Milton will be open regular business hours, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. for registration. Beginning July 13, the South Annex located at 5841 Gulf Breeze Pkwy. in Gulf Breeze will be open regular business hours for registration as well. Both offices will be open until 5 p.m. on July 20.
Address changes can be made after the books close. If you are unsure of your registration status, visit VoteSantaRosa.com and click on “My Registration Status.”
There are three ways to vote in Florida: by mail, early, or on Election Day. The last day to request a vote by mail ballot to be mailed is Aug. 8. Early voting begins Aug. 3 in Santa Rosa County.
Information regarding COVID-19:
- For in-person voting options including early voting and Election Day, voters are encouraged to follow the latest CDC guidelines and be mindful of others. Masks are also encouraged.
- Voters may bring a black or blue ball point pen if preferred.
- The number of occupants in the polling room may be limited. Polling rooms will be spaced for social distancing. Voters are encouraged to maintain social distancing.
- Due to increased safety measures, in-person voting may take longer than usual. Voters are encouraged to be prepared in order to minimize time spent in the polling place. Check these things before entering the polling location:
- My residential address is correct. (Call the office to update if needed.)
- I have studied and made decisions on how I will vote my ballot (bring a sample ballot).
- I have my photo and signature identification ready.
For more information or questions, contact the Santa Rosa County Elections Office at (850) 983-1900.
# # #