Treecycle your Christmas tree this year!
Live trees are a festive and fragrant holiday decoration for many families during the Christmas holidays, and Santa Rosa County Public Works offers an environmentally friendly option for disposal. Residents who would like to "treecycle" their tree for mulch may drop off their clean Christmas trees in the designated areas listed below by Jan. 11:
- Jay Transfer Station - Transfer Station Road, Jay
- Keep Santa Rosa Beautiful, Green Up Nursery - 6758 Park Ave., Milton
- Pace Volunteer Fire Department - 4773 Pace Patriot Blvd., Pace
- Navarre Beach Boat Ramp Parking Lot Recycle Area - Gulf Blvd., Navarre Beach
- Tiger Point Recreation Area - Gulf Breeze, east of Walmart
Residents with waste haulers who opt to have their haulers pick up their trees should follow instructions for yard waste pickup as required by their waste hauler. Remember, never burn your Christmas tree in a fireplace or wood stove. Pines, firs and other evergreens have a high content of flammable turpentine oils. Burning trees may contribute to creosote buildup and risk a chimney fire. For more information, contact the Santa Rosa County Environmental Department, 850-981-7135.
Santa Rosa County Holiday Schedule
The following will be closed Thurs., Dec. 24 and Fri., Dec. 25 for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day as well as Fri., Jan. 1 for New Year's Day.
- Santa Rosa County Board of Commissioners including the libraries and animal shelter. The libraries and animal shelter will also be closed Sat., Dec. 26.
- Santa Rosa County 9-1-1 dispatch, Lifeguard Ambulance Service and fire departments are open daily.
- Santa Rosa County Clerk of the Court
- Santa Rosa County Property Appraiser
- Santa Rosa County Supervisor of Elections
- Santa Rosa County Tax Collector
will close at 2 p.m. on Christmas Eve
. The landfill will remain closed Christmas Day
as well as New Year's Day
# # #