Memorial Day Events in Santa Rosa County
The Veterans Memorial Plaza's annual Memorial Day ceremony will be held Mon., May 31 at 10 a.m., at 5191 Willing Street in Milton, in remembrance of the brave men and women who gave their lives while serving our country.
The plaza's ceremony activities are as follows:
- Introductions: Don Salter, SRC Veteran's Memorial Foundation
- Presentation of the colors: Milton High School ROTC
- Invocation: Joe Orren, Master Sgt. US Air Force Retired
- National anthem: Oaklee Riley, University of Mobile student, former Milton High School graduate
- Proclamations: City of Milton, Mayor Heather Lindsey and Santa Rosa County District 2 Commissioner, Bob Cole
- Introduction of speakers: Don Salter
- Speakers: Colonel Christopher "Caveman" Holzworth, USMC Retired and C.O. Captain Paul "Party Boy" Flores, NAS Whiting Field
- Amazing Grace: Santa Rosa County pipes and drums
- Presentation of the wreaths: veterans organizations
- Taps: Milton High School Band
- Benediction: Pastor Jim Liberacki, East Side Baptist Church
In the south end of the county, a Memorial Day ceremony will be held Mon., May 31 at 10 a.m. at Navarre Park, 8513 Navarre Parkway in Navarre. The guest speaker will be Lt. Colonel Retired Dan Schmidt. The Navarre High School Navy Junior ROTC will provide the color guard, national anthem singers and buglers for Taps. Various local organizations will lay wreaths in memoriam. The Navarre American Legion Post 382 will serve hamburgers and hot dogs following the ceremony.
The following offices will be closed Mon., May 31 for Memorial Day
- Santa Rosa County Board of Commissioners including the library system, animal services and the Central Landfill.
- Santa Rosa County 9-1-1 dispatch, Lifeguard Ambulance Service and fire departments are open daily.
- Santa Rosa County Clerk of the Court
- Santa Rosa County Property Appraiser
- Santa Rosa County Supervisor of Elections
- Santa Rosa County Tax Collector
# # #